I thought I’d try something a little different this week and tried my hand at making my own quick and easy Rhubarb Crumble.
I’ve been baking quite a bit recently. Last week I made scones for the first time – they were extremely popular! I’ve also enjoyed baking a variety of cakes and treats with Aurelia (she loves to bake!)
Here’s the recipe for my quick and easy rhubarb crumble:
200g Plain Flour
110g Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
110g Soft Butter
- Chop the rhubarb into small pieces and place into an oven proof dish.
- Cover the rhubarb with water, add the caster sugar and stir well.
- Cook the rhubarb in the oven for 15 minutes at 180˚.
- Once removed from the oven, transfer the rhubarb into 2 oven-proof dishes.
- To make the crumble:
- Into a mixing bowl, add the flour, butter and brown sugar and stir.
- Next, using your hands, rub the mixture together until the texture is ‘crumbly’.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the rhubarb and return to the oven for approximately 35 minutes at 180 ˚ (or until the crumble is golden and the juices start to bubble).
- Serve warm with custard, cream, ice cream or on its own!
My quick and easy rhubarb crumble recipe makes 4 servings. I must admit, this was the best crumble I have ever tasted. The crumble mixture was buttery but light.
To cut down on the calories, I ate the crumble by itself but my daughter ate hers with ice-cream and said it was amazing!
This recipe would be perfect to use mid-week or to serve after Sunday lunch!
Do you like rhubarb crumble? What is your favourite crumble filling? Let me know in the comments below.