I received a complimentary box of dried fruit from Whitworths. My daughter and I decided to do some baking and create some dried fruit recipes and we made some amazing tasty treats!
Sweet Cranberry Scones – Dried Fruit Recipe
We used Sweet Cranberries with our scones and they were delicious, but you could alter the recipe and use any other dried fruit.
350g Self-raising Flour
1 packet of Whitworths Sweet Cranberries
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
A Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg (beaten) for glazing
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ˚.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl and then mix.
- Combine the butter with the mixture and rub together with your fingers to create crumbs.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and dried fruit and then stir. The mixture should be a dough-like substance.
- Spread the mixture onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll out the mixture and use a cutter to create the scones. (We didn’t have a cutter so we used the top of a glass to create a circular shape).
- Use the beaten egg to glaze the scones.
- Place the scones onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with butter or jam and cream.
Dried Fruit Recipe – Mixed Fruit Cookies
225g Self-raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
100g White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Whitworths Dried Fruit: Orchard Prunes, Chewy Banana and Tropical Mango (1 packet of each).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚.
- Add sugars, butter and egg to a bowl and stir.
- Then add the flour and vanilla extract and mix until the mixture is sticky.
- Cut the dried fruit into small pieces using scissors and add to the bowl.
- Roll out the mixture onto a well-floured surface.
- Using a cutter (or top of a glass if you’re like me and can’t find your hundreds of cutters) shape the mixture into small cookies. Bear in mind, the cookies will expand in the oven.
- Place the cookies onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Remember to leave enough room for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
I love baking with Aurelia, she makes it so much fun!
Aurelia absolutely loved tasting the dried fruit. I think more may have ended up in her mouth than in the scones and cookies!
In particular, Aurelia loved the orchard prunes and has already put in an order for some more! I, on the other hand, developed what can only be described as a love for the Tropical Mango dried fruits. They were so sweet and tasty!
These handy little packets will be a perfect addition to our little family picnics. They are the perfect healthy snack!
This is a collaborative post, however all opinions and recipes are my own.