Scrolling through Facebook recently, I spotted a number of entrepreneurial bakers in my area selling Easter Egg Cheesecakes. Listening to my tummy rumbling, I was inspired to create some of my very own Easter Egg Cheesecakes and so here are my creations along with a recipe for you to try yourself. These cheesecakes were honestly absolutely delicious and something I will be making again and again. They will undoubtedly be making an appearance on Easter Sunday! The cheesecake recipe I used was incredibly delicious and a recipe I’ll be using as my standard cheesecake recipe from now on.
For the Biscuit Base:
180g Digestive Biscuits (11 digestive biscuits)
80g Melted Butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
100ml Double Cream
250g Cream Cheese
50g Icing Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Easter Eggs
Toppings of your choice
- Firstly, carefully unwrap two easter eggs and set them to one side.
- Next, create the biscuit base. Crush the digestive biscuits (I placed them in a mixing bowl and crushed them with a rolling pin). Add the melted butter to the biscuits and stir.
- Carefully scoop the mixture into the easter eggs. gently press the biscuit base down. (Be careful doing this, I accidentally chipped one of my eggs during this process).
- Place the eggs in the fridge to set whislt you get to work on the filling.
- Add the double cream, vanilla essence, cream cheese and icing sugar to a bowl and whisk (I whisked by hand but you could use an electric whisk if you prefer). The mixture should look thick and creamy.
- Very gently scoop the mixture into the eggs. Again, be extremely careful as the chocolate eggs can break.
- Then it’s time to add your toppings. I chose to add mini eggs to add to the whole easter vibe! I crushed some of these in a bowl with a rolling pin and sprinkled them on top for decoration. You could also use melted chocolate, creme eggs, or whatever you like! This could be an opportunity to be really creative!
- Place your Easter Egg Cheesecakes in the fridge and allow to set for 5-6 hours. Finally, enjoy!
My recipe makes 3 Easter Egg Cheesecakes. Let me warn you, the cheesecakes are incredibly filling and absolutely delicious!
Happy Easter everyone!
You’ll find more recipes here.