I am honoured to have been nominated by
There are some rules to follow once you have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog – thank you once again
Frantasmagoria. You can find her answers here.
- Write a blog post on your site displaying the award.
- Describe the story of why you started your blog.
- Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 more bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination. (I will do so via Twitter).
Lellalee – The Creation Story
I finished my PhD in 2017 and I was really looking for a new project to sink my teeth into. I had been working two jobs – as a university lecturer and marketing my brother’s company. During my marketing work, I came into contact with many bloggers. I enjoyed reading their work and thought I might like to create something of my own.
My brother, Michael was a great source of help and support. Within a few days of our initial ideas, Lellalee was born and up and running.
I decided to write about the things I love. And here we are 2 years later. I’m still creating content I love, but I have also discovered some new interests I did not
2 Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Don’t try to fit into a niche. When I started blogging, I thought I had to categorise myself and limit my posts to particular topics. Thankfully, my brother talked me out of this and I have really reaped the benefits of his advice. Lellalee is totally versatile. I blog about the things I am passionate about. If you’re not passionate about your content, it won’t be great! No matter how odd a post/topic sounds, just go for it! Some of my more successful posts have been the most obscure ones that can’t necessarily be categorised!
- Utilise Social Media. I cannot stress enough how important social media platforms are to the promotion of your blog. Twitter is a fabulous forum! I have met 90% of my blogger friends via Twitter. I have found their help, support and advice invaluable! So, from the get-go, get your social media accounts sorted and start to connect with other bloggers.
My 15 Nominations:
I wish I could nominate more bloggers!
- Directly Laura
- Johnny’s Traventures
- Mind and Love
- Female Original
- Get Up, Get Away
- Anaïs N.
- Laura’s Life
- Coffee Mamma
- For the Sake of Good Taste
- My Beyoutiful L
Please leave the link to your posts in the comments below so we can check them out!
For similar posts, see my blogging category.