This post is an entry for the #MeatMatters Challenge, sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb. Learn more about the benefits of cooking and eating beef and lamb along with recipe ideas and inspiration here: https://www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk/.
Brit Mums have challenged bloggers to create tasty recipes using beef or lamb and showcase their creations on their blogs. Head over to Brit Mums to read the terms and conditions.
I was so excited to participate in the #MeatMatters Challenge because I absolutely love to cook! Although mealtimes can often become a headache in my home – my children are incredibly fussy eaters. However, Beef is one of the few ingredients in my home that can be enjoyed by everyone!
The health benefits of beef are quite often overlooked. It is in fact naturally rich in protein – keeping you fuller for longer. Beef is also a great source of iron which helps to reduce tiredness and fatigue. This makes it the perfect key ingredient for dinner after a long hard day!
I decided to enter my Healthy Homemade Burgers into the #MeatMatters Challenge. My husband has heart disease and so over the years, I have developed a range of healthy alternatives to our favourite foods! The recipe is a favourite of all the family! Best of all, the use of lean beef and vegetables means its nutritious. I use no oil in my recipe
- 500g lean/extra lean mince beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 beaten egg
- 5 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp thyme
- A pinch of
- Peel and then carefully grate the carrots (use the larger rather than smaller grating tool).
- Add the grated carrot to the beef, beaten egg and breadcrumbs and mix.
- Next add the tomato puree, thyme, garlic, pepper and onion and mix again.
- Make 6 patties using your hands to shape the mixture. Each pattie should fill the palm of your hand.
- Place the burger patties into a grill pan or grill if preferred.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve on a bun with sweet potato fries or low-fat oven chips and salad.
The recipe is super tasty and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
And we always have clean plates!!!