I am so grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster award by my lovely blogger friend Kristine who blogs on Kristine’s Blog. I have always found the blogger community to be extremely friendly and helpful. The Liebster award personifies the blogging community and what we represent.
What is the Liebster Award?
To take a quotation from The Global Aussie, the officiators of the award:
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award encourages bloggers to connect with other bloggers in this cyberspace we occupy. To reach out and support other bloggers in their work. Personally, I take it as a great privilege to be nominated. The word Liebster accurately defines the community I am so proud to be a part of.
The whole point of the Liebster Award is to discover new blogs. Each nominee is given a set of questions to answer. This enables our readers to get to know us a little better.
The nomination comes with a set of rules.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award (thank you once again Kristine) and include a link to their blog in your post.
2. Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you (find the answers to my questions below).
3. Write a new set of questions for your own nominees.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers who you deem worthy of the Liebster Award.
5. Finally, include the Liebster Award logo somewhere in the post and leave a comment on the Liebster Award official page with a link to your post.
1. What drove you to start publicly blogging?
My blogging journey began when I created a number of blog posts for my brother’s online store. Having an academic background, I really enjoy writing and wanted to write more. My brother kindly helped me to set up my own blog so I could create my own material. And Lellalee was born!
2. What has been the hardest part of your online content journey so far?
For me, the hardest part of my online content journey has been time. I’ve had to balance a demanding full-time job, family life and blogging (I know this is a struggle many of us face). I have had to set aside a huge chunk of my time to devote to blogging. On many occasions, I doubted I was devoting enough time to blogging but I’m hoping I now have a good balance.
3. What is the most important thing you have learnt from blogging?
This is a great question because blogging has taught me so many things – in terms of life lessons, time management as well as technical lessons I never knew I needed to learn! The most important lesson I have learnt is to look at the world in a little more detail. I am always trying to create new content for my blog which makes me look into things a little deeper and ask additional questions. A simple walk in the park I once took for granted now becomes an adventure. An opportunity to capture the essence of nature. A chance to play in the leaves with my kids.
4. Is your online work full-time, part-time side hustle, or just a hobby?
My online work started as a part-time side hustle. It developed into a part-time job and in the new year will become my main focus. I have other employment but I will start 2019 developing Lellalee into something fabulous!
5. What does your family think about your blogging?
My husband Brian is the sweetest man on earth and he supports me whatever I do. He has encouraged me every step of the way and loves my blog. Brian is always thinking of new ideas for my blog content! My children like to see their adventures appear online.
6. If you were the main character in a movie, which actress would you want to play your role?
I’d love a drag queen to play me and bring a lot of sass to the role! I’m a huge fan of Alyssa Edwards! If I’m having a moment of doubt, I consider what Alyssa would do!!!
7. What is your favourite social media?
When I started blogging I was all over Instagram. I love taking pictures so this was an ideal platform for me. More recently, I have found Twitter to be extremely beneficial for my blog. Also, I have made some amazing blogger friends via Twitter. Furthermore, tweeting is also a great way to promote my latest blog posts!
8. Which country do you want to visit the most?
My husband and I have recently booked a romantic weekend in Rome. Rome was always at the top of my bucket list! Therefore as I know I’ll soon be there, the next country on my bucket list is Iceland. I’ve dreamt of seeing the Northern Lights since childhood and as an adult, I’m determined to experience them … and soon!
9. What’s one thing you would love to learn to do and why?
I’d love to learn something artistic, like drawing or painting. I was never very arty at school. My daughter recently achieved an A in her art GCSE and I was blown away by her creations! I’d love to have a go at something like that myself!
10. What advice would you give a new blogger?
First of all, for any new bloggers who are reading, my number 1 piece of advice would be to stick with it! Your blog will take off and you will love the journey! Also master social media asap! And above all, learn how these platforms can be used to promote your blog.
My Questions for My Nominees
In the spirit of the Liebster award, I have tried to be creative, here goes!
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- If you could change your name, what would it be and why?
- Was there a TV show or movie that terrified you as a child, or as an adult?
- If you could hop into a time machine, when in history would you go to and why?
- What was your favourite subject at school and why?
- How did you create your blog name?
- If you could get rid of any TV show, which one would it be and why?
- You’re the zookeeper and a new penguin is born – what do you call it?
- What is your favourite city in the world and why?
- Describe your most recent act of kindness.
I’m really looking forward to reading all of your answers (especially the one about the penguin!)
My nominees are:
Steven – Steventure
Ashish – Trend Pickle
Joshua – Hermit Scribe
Michelle – Simply Michelle
Freja – Fundamentally Freja
Malea – Simply Mtastic
Kylie – Life on the Spectrum
Chloe – Chloe Chats
Cordelia – Cordelia Moor
Chloe – ChlxeMarie
Best wishes and good luck everyone!